COVID-19 Vaccination Update 16 September 2021
Hamilton Medical Centre is a provider of the Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) and Comirnaty (Pfizer) vaccines.
Vaxzevria bookings can be discussed by calling the practice on 4961 1713. Vaxzevria is approved for use in patients aged 18+. This service is for existing patients of the practice only. Please note that local pharmacies are providing this vaccine also, and may have appointments available much sooner than we can offer.
Comirnaty bookings can be made using our online booking service. Comirnaty is approved for use in patients aged 12 and over. This service is for existing patients of the practice only. Please do not phone the practice regarding this service.
We have limited appointments available for these vaccines. We are a small practice and do not have the resources to run many dedicated vaccine clinics. Our patients still require normal primary health care services to be provided, and this will remain a priority for us.
We are experiencing a high volume of calls and have been for many months now. Please be kind to our staff and doctors, and remember we are all doing our best in these unprecedented times. Our aim is to help as many people as we can, but we will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour.
COVID-19 Update 5 August 2021
Given the latest health advice for the Hunter region, we have made some changes to the entry requirements to Hamilton Medical Centre. Please take note of the following if you have a face to face appointment in the practice.
1. When you arrive for your appointment, please stay in your car and call us on 49611713. This will ensure we do not have too many people in the waiting room. Our staff will provide further instructions at this time.
2. Where possible, come alone to your appointment. Please ask family members to remain in the car.
3. Where possible, only 1 parent per child should attend.
4. When you are asked to enter the practice, please do so via the lift only, do not use the stairs.
5. Please check in using the QR code provided. If you do not have a smart phone, our staff can assist you with this.
6. Please wear a mask at all times while in the practice.
7. Please maintain strict social distancing, and use hand sanitizer frequently.
We thank you for understanding during this tough time.
If you need further advice regarding the lockdown or COVID-19, please see the infographic below.
COVID-19 Vaccination Announcement 25 March 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker & Booking System
Health Direct have created a COVID-19 vaccine eligibility checker. Click here to find out more.
COVID-19 Practice Policy – Information for Patients
NSW Health – Latest Updates
NSW Health self-isolation guidelines for people confirmed to have COVID-19 infection
COVID-19 Testing Options for Young Children
COVID-19 Testing Centres
Public Health Directions as at 7 December 2020
Guide – Community Transmission
Guide – Symptoms
Guide – When to Isolate
Guide – How to Isolate
Guide – Who to Call
Guide – If you are over 60
Guide – If you are over 70
Guide – Keep Yourself and Your Loved Ones Safe
Guide – Face Masks
Guide – Handwashing
Guide – Mental Health
Video – How to Wear a Mask