Over the last few weeks, our practice has been preparing for an increase of COVID-19 cases in the Hunter Region.
We’ve made changes to the way patients enter our practice, ensuring only those with appointments who have been thoroughly screened are entering the practice.
From Friday 24 July, we’ve made it mandatory that all patients entering the practice wear a mask to not only protect themselves, but to protect our staff and doctors.
Our entire staff will be wearing masks while a patient is in the practice, and the consulting doctor will be in full PPE.
These changes are in line with our practice’s COVID-19 Policy.
We advise our patients to check the NSW Health Latest Updates page for information regarding cases and statistics.
We also advise our patients to visit the NSW Health Self-Isolation Guidelines and Information page if you have any concerns about when to isolate, if you think you may be a close or casual contact of a confirmed case, or if you are a parent or carer. Patients can also phone the COVID-19 Health Information phone line on 1800 020 080.
New COVID-19 cases in Newcastle
A second case of COVID-19 has been confirmed in Newcastle today (August 6), who is a close contact of the teenager announced by Hunter New England Health yesterday. The District is continuing to investigate the source of that case’s infection. This latest case is a male in his 20s. Hunter New England Local Health District is urging anyone who attended the following venues at the specified times to immediately self-isolate and seek testing:
· Bennett Hotel, Hamilton – Friday 31 July, from 5.30pm to 10.00pm
· Greenroof Bar and Restaurant, Hamilton – Friday 31 July, from 10.00pm to 12 midnight
· The Hopsmith Sports Bar, Wests New Lambton – Sunday 2 August, from 5.00pm to 7.30pm.
Hunter New England Health also urges any patrons who visited the following venues at the times specified to be alert for symptoms, and if any develop to get tested and self-isolate immediately:
· Queens Wharf Hotel – Saturday 1 August from 9.30pm to 11.00 pm
· Sydney Junction Hotel, Hamilton – Saturday 1 August, from 12 midnight to 1.30am Sunday 2 August
· McDonald Jones Stadium – Sunday 2 August, 7:30pm to end of game, Newcastle Jets match.